Who is 0xIchigo? - Who is 0xIchigo?
Hello! My name is Evan, but online I go by the pseudonym Ichigo. I am a self-taught developer interested in all things blockchain, cybersecurity, and smart contracts. I am currently learning how to write Solana programs in Anchor, and am diving into more advanced Rust coding
TLDR; I code, audit, and optimize stuff on the blockchain
Work Experience - Work Experience
Developer Experience Engineer @ Helius
Sept. 2023 - Present
Very open-ended role with the overall goal of improving the Solana developer experience. Whether that be coding for the Helius TypeScript SDK, making tutorials/blogposts, speaking at confrences, etc. who knows!
Check back in the future to see what I have achieved :)
Freelance Software Developer
Jan. 2022 - Present (currently on hiatus)
Completed contract work for various Web3 and cryptographic projects, DAOs, and companies, which includes work such as:
- Developing responsive, interactive websites for new and emerging projects
- Creating Node.js scripts to interact with an NFT's metadata and pushing updates to the Solana blockchain
- Reviewing Solidity smart contract code, providing feedback to aid in code auditing based on tests conducted in both Hardhat and Foundry
- Developing and testing a Kickstarter/Fundraising smart contract in Anchor
- Creating a custom NFT art generation algorithm to create collections based on complex inclusion/exclusion trait rulesets
- Creating a Solana-based FPS in C# and Unity
Full-stack Developer @ Solape Finance
Sep. 2022 - May 2023
Technologies: Next.js, TypeScript, Node.js, Jest, Tailwind CSS, Git, GitHub, Rust
- Worked as a full-stack developer responsible for developing new features, infrastructure, and implementing bug fixes on both the Solape DEX and swap
- Oversaw a complete overhaul of the swap to implement new features and optimizations, such as the implementation of a custom fee system, as well as the development of a new user interface based on feedback gathered from UX interviews and internal discussion
- Helped facilitate the migration of the DEX to OpenBook during the Serum/FTX debacle, becoming the first DEX on Solana to implement the new open source orderbook
- Responded to support tickets raised by users and resolved their issues, which pertained to areas such as bug fixes, RPC issues, and cranking low volume markets, in a timely manner
- Gained experience working on an Agile team and participating in Agile practices such as peer programming, UX interviews, team code reviews, contributing to meetings for the planning, development, and debugging of new features, and presenting developed features to the team
What was I doing before crypto? - before crypto
Prior to becoming a developer, I completed an Honours Bachelor of Arts at the University of Toronto, where I pursued a double major in History and Criminology & Sociolegal Studies. I graduated on Dean's List with High Distinction, and took part in various activities and societies - I was everything from a Frosh Week Orientation Leader and Organizer to a columnist for a satirical newspaper. I was also a waiter at a local Italian restaurant for the past seven years.
Why crypto? - why crypto
Digital technologies have already altered the world in which we live, and will continue to do so long after I am alive. We are on the cusp of a new technological paradigm that awaits mass adoption. The world grows increasingly digital, and advancements in areas such as cloud computing, cryptography, blockchains, and cryptocurrency will inevitable revolutionize various sectors of life.
I believe that the fundamentals in which this world should build itself upon should be open source, composable, decentralized applications that empower ownership, accessibility, transparency, and accountability. The ethos of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies perfectly align with my beliefs. I believe in the futurist embrace of the emerging hyperreality latent within the web's accelerated networks, the cypherpunk movement, global access to stable currency, and data privacy as an intrinsic human right.
I dream of a future wherein the organization and coordination of finance, governance, intelligence, entertainment, and, ultimately, human development can be done in a genuinely open and free way for the good of everyone.
Interests - Interests
- I really enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, kayaking, and camping
- My favourite Magic: the Gathering Decks to play in Commander are Miirym, Sentinel Wyrm (create a bunch of dragon tokens), and Prosper, Tome-Bound (create a bunch of treasure tokens)
- I am a black belt (1st Dan) in Shotokan Karate. My favourite katas are Kanku Dai, Jion, and Enpi
- I am currently reading Radical Markets: Uprooting Capitalism and Democracy for a Just Society by Eric A. Posner and Eric Glen Weyl
- If I had to order the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy from my favourite to least favourite I'd order them: Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The World's End
Music - Music
Arc [prod. Ichigo]
I like to open up Ableton, mess around, and make some really cool sounds. My greatest accomplishment in life is having my music be featured in a Fornite map speedrun YouTube compilation